- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity. www.stourbridgescouts.org does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that www.stourbridgescouts.org has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Like many other Web sites, www.stourbridgescouts.org makes use of log files. These files merely log visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’s analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Any personal information provided by you to TSA through your registration and use of this web site will only be used for the following purposes by TSA:
1. updating and enhancing membership records and those of other related TSA activities;
2. defining areas of interest to you and improving the web site to meet users’ habits and requirements and compiling information relating to users’ movements across the web site;
3. advising you of scouting related products or services or events, which may be of interest.
We have security measures in place to protect our members database. Access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each Member’s responsibility:
1. to keep their password secret;
2. to protect against unauthorised access to their personal Details;
3. to log off from the www.stourbridgescouts.org Service when not using it;
4. to ensure against use by anyone else of the www.stourbridgescouts.org Service through the machine that Member uses while they are “logged on” to the www.stourbridgescouts.org Service
User accounts for www.stourbridgescouts.org are only provided to adults involved in Scouting in the Stourbridge District.
Sharing of data
Any personal information received from you (or collected about you) will be retained by us and not sold, transferred or otherwise disclosed to any third party outside of TSA, unless such disclosure is required by law or other court order and unless such disclosure is required to convey your expressed interest in a specific subject e.g. event registration. We shall also give you the opportunity to remove yourself from any of our mailing lists at any time. We may share data supplied by you (or collected about you) with other parts of The Scout Association e.g. Scout Shops Ltd.
Advertising and External Links
Legal jurisdiction and Disclosure of data
www.stourbridgescouts.org will endevour to keep all personal information and details held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
We reserve the right to communicate a Member’s personal information as we hold to third parties who are empowered by regulation, statute, law or order of court.
If you want to contact us to raise any questions about this privacy statement, or any general matters relating to www.stourbridgescouts.org, you can contact us using the contact form. Please use this method if you wish to request from us a copy of the personal data we hold about you. Please note that under English law we are entitled to charge you a fee for providing this service.